Thursday, June 7, 2012

CLEAN EATING 101: what, how, and everything else

Clean eating is NOT, I repeat, NOT a diet.  It is a HEALTHY, BALANCED WAY OF LIVING.  It is taking CONTROL of what you choose to put in and on your body.  IT IS A FORM OF WORSHIP as you start to view your body, TRULY, as HIS TEMPLE...and therefore, taking the BEST care of your body so you can better be used as a LIVING, BREATHING VESSEL OF THE ONE WHO DIED FOR YOU.  As you do this, something AMAZING takes place...your body starts to rid NATURALLY of all the toxic junk you've been allowing it to accumulate over many years.  And therefore, your body loses excess weight.  That's just ONE of the many perks. :)

Initially I began this journey for 1 sole purpose...to lose weight.  But the transformation that occurred IN MY HEART completely threw me for a loop and I began to change my mindset.  INWARD FIRST, OUTWARD will follow.

I find this new healthy me as 1 of many forms of worship.  I know, sounds kinda strange, doesn't it?  But I want EVERYTHING I do to glorify God.  So how can eating junk food, slathering on beauty products that are full of toxic chemicals, and not even taking the time to CARE about what I'm doing to myself glorify God?  It's not about being vain, being skinny, being "earth friendly"...it is all about God.  It is about His design for me.  His purpose for my life.  His CREATION and how He designed it for OUR benefit.  See what I mean?

There are no quick fixes.  This isn't even a marathon.  A marathon is over in half a day.   This is your NEW LIFE.  Exciting, huh?  Ok, maybe SCARY is more like it.  OVERWHELMING.  Like I always say, "It is what it is".  But should those feelings of "I don't even know where to start" or "how can I really do this" STOP you from it?  Do you think Christ felt overwhelmed and anxious as drops of BLOOD dripped from His brow while He begged God to let the cup pass over Him?  Do you think He wanted to give up as He was demanded to carry His own cross up a never ending hill?  My friends, YOU CAN DO THIS.  You know why?  Because it's in our own weakness that HE BECOMES YOUR STRENGTH.  As your body transforms, whether that look like lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels, loose fitting jeans, or just exhibiting better self control over your food choices, it will be a testimony to all who know you, "Not I, but Christ who lives within me."  Isn't that just the most beautiful thing?

But you have to be willing to do the work.  Somewhere deep inside your soul you have to find that spark.  Then, once you do, HE WILL TURN IT INTO FIRE.

So...you got your spark on?  Then let's do this.  Step number one:  EDUCATION.  READ, READ, AND READ SOME MORE.

There is a great website that helped explain things to me in a simple way. 

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating/

I love this, also taken from the above website:

No comments:

Post a Comment