Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sam's Chicken Nuggets

Today, my 18 mo old son fell head-first OFF of our swingset/treehouse...and both of us survived to tell the tale!  These chicken fingers/nuggets are named after my son because tonight, I fell head-over heels in love w/ these chicken fingers.  Forgive my disorganized recipe...I just kinda threw it all together...so all I can say is good luck. :)

This amount was enough to serve 4.


Ingredients:

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or more if you want leftovers), cut into nuggets or strips
1 1/2 cups almond meal, cashew meal, or GF flour blend
paprika
garlic powder
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
ground cayenne pepper
paprika
dry oregano
milk
a little vinegar

Ok.  This is super easy but it's done in STEPS.  So stay w/ me.

1.  Make some buttermilk.  About 2 cups of milk and 2 tsp of vinegar in a large bowl.  stir and let sit while we fix everything else.

2.  In a medium bowl, combine almond meal (or flour) w/ whatever spices you want.  I used APPROXIMATELY 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp salt and a little pepper.   I didn't measure anything...just tossed it all in, so this is a guess. :)


OK...let's make an assembly line and bake these babies!

ORDER OF BOWLS:  1. Chicken Fingers 2.  Buttermilk 3. Almond meal/Flour/spices  4. Cookie sheet WITH WIRE RACK SETTING INSIDE.

Dredge chicken in buttermilk, roll in Almond meal/flour, place on wire rack/cookie sheet.

Bake 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.



**We didn't have any left over chicken fingers, but if you did, I would suggest freezing them and you could reheat.
**make some honey mustard...take out your spicy brown mustard from frig and add a little honey until desired sweetness.
**check your bbq sauce for High Fructose Corn Syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment