Monday, June 25, 2012

SMOOTHIES...meal replacement or snack, packed w/ nutrition

Here's why I love smoothies:  FLEXIBILITY.  KID FRIENDLY.  NUTRITIOUS.  FILLING.  TASTY.  FAST.  FRESH.  (just to name a few)

I use all kinds of stuff when I make a smoothie.  Kale, Kefir, Cucumbers, spinach, all kinds of berries, fresh mint from the herb garden, apples, banana's, pineapple, peaches, chia seeds...see what I mean?  The possibilities are endless!

BASE:

Kefir, Almond Milk, or water + protein shake mix,
 ice  (I ONLY RECOMMEND 1 PROTEIN SHAKE:  ISAGENIX.  Why?  It's loaded w/ goodness, organic, Non-Gmo, Gluten/Soy Free, and the best part?  The whey protein comes from GRASS FED COWS!...you can email me at:  happyhearthomeproducts@gmail.com for more info on how to order)

Put your BASE in first to allow your blender to mix it up easier.  I use about 1/2-1 cup.  Then add some ice.  Next add all the fun stuff.  Today (see picture) I used 1/2 an apple, 1 cucumber, chia seeds, 1 cup of fresh spinach, and blackberries.



BASE:  1 cup of water, 1/2 a scoop of protein shake, ice.  GOOD STUFF: 1 cup of spinach, 1 cucumber, 1/2 apple, chia seeds (a handful), blackberries


My 2 year old drank 3 small glasses today!

Here is my "picky" eater...she only had a few sips but said it was "Purplicious good!"

3 comments:

  1. What protein shake do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS MISTY! How could I have missed your blog??!! What an encouragement!! I too experienced a weight loss journey ... I lost 70 lbs in 2009 (from 205 to 135). But ... this year has been particularly difficult with the loss of my job, downsizing, and all the fun that brings. But God has truly answered my deep heart's desire to be a stay at home mom. :) Anyway ... I've gained 15 lbs. I know it's small, but I feel so defeated and can't seem to get my motivation back! I really look forward to looking through your posts and recipes. Thanks so much for sharing ... Wendy Reaume (O'Hara)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete