Monday, April 29, 2013

Cinnamon Toast: Think outside the box

If you're anything like me, sometimes I just need help THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX.

For example:  CINNAMON TOAST.  Typically the bread is slathered w/ butter, refined sugar, and cinnamon.  But what about changing it up just a bit to make it a healthier version?

In my version, I use oven-toasted Gluten Free bread, coconut oil, raw honey, cinnamon, and either chia seeds or flax.  Simple and yummy.



Start with some bread.  This is UDI'S GLUTEN FREE SANDWICH BREAD

Instead of butter, spread on some coconut oil and then TOAST it in the oven.  (you can also toast it BEFORE spreading on your coconut oil)

Find some local raw honey.  Not sure where to start?  Best thing is to just start asking around and look at your local whole food stores.  Remember:  no raw honey for kids under 1 year.

This is my oven-toasted bread, now w/ a layer of coconut oil, honey, cinnamon and chia.   Use a knife to spread.

A simple, healthier alternative for my kids...and sometimes their mommy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment