Thursday, January 24, 2013

IF Paleo Meatballs

My beautiful and talented sister in law (who is an AMAZING cook) sent this my way.  She got the recipe from a friend who got it from a gym...so friend at the gym, THANK YOU!  (and if you come across this and can help me give credit to where credit is due I'd sure appreciate it!)  



Paleo Meatball

2 lbs. grass fed beef 
1/2 cup almond flour (I used Trader Joes almond meal)
3 garlic cloves/chopped
1/4 cup onion
handful fresh oregano chopped
2 eggs (Although tonight I will use ground flax mixed w/ water as egg substitute)
pinch of kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
10 baby bella mushrooms, chopped finely OPTIONAL

combine all ingredients and form into balls (I use a cookie scoop)... recipe calls for pan frying in EVOO or butter , but I scooped mine onto parchment paper and popped them in the oven until cooked through.  (Pictures to come!)

Serve w/ your favorite CLEAN marinara sauce over quinoa pasta or spaghetti squash.


EGG ALLERGY SUBSTITUTE DIRECTIONS:  I do this ALL the time.  It really does work in just about anything.


To replace one egg:
1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
3 tablespoons water (or other liquid)
Stir together and let sit for about 5 mintues until thick and gelatinous.

No comments:

Post a Comment