Thursday, January 31, 2013

Creamy Chocolate Avocado Smoothie

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!

I can't take credit for this...for website click here.


I’ve been making a variation of that smoothie now for the past year, but have altered it to better fit my dietary needs. I use raw cacao instead of the syrup and have switched (not without a fight) from peanut butter to almond butter. I’ve also recently started adding a half of an avocado to add some healthy fat and vitamin E. The avocado taste is not detectable but it makes this smoothie incredibly smooth, thick and creamy. I also sprinkle in all of my supplements when I make this: L-Glutamine, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, and fish oil.
 Ingredients (serves 1)
8 ounces almond milk
½ cup crushed ice
1 ripe banana
3 dates, or 1 tablespoon honey
½ avocado (about ¼ cup)
2 tablespoons raw cacao
2 tablespoons almond butter
1½ teaspoon golden flaxseed

No comments:

Post a Comment