Friday, May 31, 2013

Rise & Shine BREAKFAST BARS: Gluten free

My man likes a QUICK breakfast...preferable one he can eat IN HIS CAR.  This is a perfect recipe for people like him.  Don't box yourself in...have fun tossing in your own favorite ingredients...nuts, various dried fruits, seeds...the sky's the limit!  Oh, and can I just add...this is the easiest recipe EVER???  Chewy consistency but no need to use a fork.  Just grab it and go!




4 cups of rolled-oats (use GF if you are avoiding gluten!)
2 cups of almond meal (I used Trader Joes brand...you could totally omit and use all oats if you want)
1 cup (or even a little more) of dried fruit (I used cranberries/cherries but you could use anything)
2 cups of unsweetened apple juice (I LOVE Costco brand which is NOT from concentrate)
1/4 cup of sucanat or brown sugar
1/4-1/2 cup of agave, honey, or maple syrup (start w/ 1/4 cup and then add more if you want it more sweet)
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup of Coconut Oil melted OR EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1/4 cup of almond butter or organic peanut butter

**OPTIONAL:
1/2 cup UNSWEETENED coconut flakes
1/4 cup of chia seeds or ground flax (I used chia)
1/3 cup of chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
1/3 cup of sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds



1.  Heat oven to 375.  Grease a large 9x13 glass pan or line it w/ parchment paper.
2.  Dump everything in a large bowl and mix.
3.  Spread evenly in pan w/ a spatula.  Bake 30 minutes.  Allow to cool. (you can let it cool in pan)
4.  Cut into bars and enjoy!  A GREAT breakfast-on-the-go or mid-day snack.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great recipe! My man is the same way. In fact he was just asking me if I could make some granola bars. I think this would be perfect. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete