Saturday, February 15, 2014

The "Skinny" On Protein Shakes: what to avoid, what to trust

Have you walked down the aisle of protein shakes lately?  

It makes me feel like this:



And reading the ingredients doesn't seem to help ease my feelings of frustration.  It's completely overwhelming.  3 years ago when I was working really hard to not just lose my baby weight, but also MAINTAIN my weight, I thought it would be good to get a good protein shake and replace it at least once/day (breakfast or lunch)...

But then I went to the store to buy one.  

After spending a solid hour reading every single shake's ingredients list, feeling completely frustrated and overwhelmed, I finally decided on a Brown Rice based shake.

Then I got home and made it.


Was there a product out there that had GOOD, WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS?  One that was GLUTEN AND SOY FREE yet didn't taste like CHALK????  So I started asking around...I asked people I trusted and who I knew valued good nutrition the way I did.  My chiropractor suggested a brand I had never heard of before.  Isagenix.  He gave me a sample.  I went home and made it right away.

And this is how I felt:

FINALLY!!!!!!


The next year, my husband got a nasty case of Shingles.  We immediately sent him to our Chiro and while he was there, I researched home remedies of how to ease the pain and speed recovery.  We started making kefir on a regular basis and "Dr. Dave" gave my man another Isagenix product to speed recovery as well.  My husband loved the taste of it and to this day SWEARS that it did, in fact, speed up what could have been a long, painful recovery.

2 Products That we Really Liked!  Was there more????

YES!

My hub's lifts weights.  He loves the protein shake and the recovery mix.  I like it because he is  no longer eating me out of house and home!  :)

I love the protein bars b/c I'm a momma-on-the-go.  They taste amazing, keep me full for several hours, and I can digest them properly.  

My kids use Isagenix too!  We make smoothies aLOT around our house and I love to sprinkle in some of the IsaGREENS so they get their full serving of vegetables/day.  There is also IsaFRUIT to  to boost up their antioxidants.  What Mom wouldn't love that?  

So...after taking into consideration that we absolutely loved so many of their products and to save us some money, we decided to become associates ourselves.  I love how there is no pressure, no gimmicks, no "starter kit" you MUST purchase...just a sign up fee and BAM I get all the wholesale prices.  

You might be a good candidate to "take the plunge" like we did IF:

1.  You desire optimum health
2.  You are wanting to lose some weight
3. You are wanting to maintain your current weight
4.  You desire to avoid all shakes/bars/etc containing SOY and GLUTEN
5.  You want the "cleanest" ingredients available in today's market
6.  you are currently lifting weights or exercising a lot
7.  You desire vitality and energy
8.  You want to feel AND see results for all your hard work
9.  you desire a protein shake that actually is pleasing to the tastebuds
10.  You'd like a shake or other products that are kid-friendly
11.  You want to save money.

Look, you can ask ANYONE who knows me even REMOTELY.  I just don't like MLM's (multi-level-marketing).  Period.  Don't take it personal...I know there are GREAT companies/MLM's out there but so far I can find something I love just as much for a percentage of the price!  EXCEPT for protein shakes.

WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS IN MY FAVORITE PROTEIN SHAKE?

Grab your shake and I'll grab mine:  let's compare ingredients, shall we?


The above shake is my personal favorite, although there ARE other ones you can choose from as well.  INGREDIENTS:  Whey protein concentrate (UNdenatured), vanilla flavor, Alfalfa (Medicago sativa), stevia leaf extract, lactase.

So there you go.  For the first time EVER in my life, I'm officially signed up with an MLM.  Never say never, right?  Of course, you can enjoy the benefits of these products withOUT signing up, but you'll be paying a LOT more.

If you'd like more info on the company, click HERE.  (mission statement, values, etc)

If you'd like more info on the products, click HERE.  (overview of ingredients used)

If you like more info on becoming an associate, please email Misty at:  happyhearthomeproducts@gmail.com






1 comment:

  1. Do they give samples? I can't afford whole cleanse thing but to have a protein shake a day would prob be a good thing just hate the taste of most

    ReplyDelete